I've been running Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04LTS on my Acer Aspire One for a couple of weeks now. It still doesn't auto-connect to known WiFi access points after booting or awakening from sleep. But, other than that it has been running reasonably well. So, I decided to try to install Adobe AIR and Seesmic for AIR to get a Twitter client on the netbook. The process was pretty simple:
1. Download Adobe AIR for Linux in bin format from Adobe
2. As root made the file executable: chmod +x *.bin
3. Run the executable: ./longname.bin (where "longname" == the AIR file name)
4. Download Seesmic for AIR installation file
5. Use UNR GUI file explorer and double click on the Seesmic AIR installer file. It will be recognized as an AIR file and let AIR install it.
Unfortunately, Seesmic for AIR is extremely slow and a huge memory hog on my netbook which only has 512MB RAM. It consumed to much processor time that I had to hold the power button to force a shutdown. So, I need to find a good lightweight Twitter client (AIR or native) to use with UNR On my netbook